Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dropping the Optics - UPDATED

While the following is nothing new to any who would frequent blogs like(and likely better than) mine, it does show that the Enemies of our Freedoms are becoming more emboldened.

Why do I feel like I've just received a hearty shove to my back and is that laughter I'm hearing behind me?  Bullies who are out to provoke a fight from someone they deem a lesser invariably behave like this when they truly believe they have the upper hand. 

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-control/2013/04/11/watch-democrats-thank-cnn-nbc-news-gun-control-support

Are people swayed by the twisting, spinning, lying and incomplete reporting the media does?  You be the judge. 

I never developed the habit of enjoying a bully's push - no matter how often nor how big he may have been.

I honestly thought that when I got older that the bullying would end without messy, painful confrontation. 

I'm still learning I guess - sadly, some things never change.

****UPDATE****

"How many times have you read financial-advice stories lecturing you to max-out on your IRA, save as much as you can in your 401(k), and even pay taxes now to change your regular IRA into a Roth IRA that will be tax-free until you die?

Well, be careful how much you save.

That's the message in President Obama's budget for fiscal 2014, which for the first time proposes to cap the amount Americans can save in these tax-sheltered investment vehicles. The White House explanation is that some people have accumulated "substantially more than is needed to fund reasonable levels of retirement saving." So Mr. Obama proposes to "limit an individual's total balance across tax-preferred accounts to an amount sufficient to finance an annuity of not more than $205,000 per year in retirement, or about $3 million for someone retiring in 2013.""(emphasis added)

read the whole piece here:
http://nation.foxnews.com/obama-budget/2013/04/12/greece-anyone-obama-coming-after-your-401k

it has been decided:  you will make too much so it will be taken from you

the optics, as was proposed in another post on another blog a few weeks ago, are being dropped

I don't have nor will I ever have that much for retirement - if I should see it.  I'm getting to the point I want to return the favor of inflicted discomfort - it's the principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment